Saturday, January 22, 2011

Today was War

Today was a war between my determination and bull headedness and my pure hate for running and exercise in general.  Today there was a fine line between 'I need to stop for a break' and 'I want to stop for a break.' I had to decide how far I wanted to push that line.  Just when I was starting to think running wasn't so bad, I stared week 4 of the Couch to 5K training.  It has been the hardest since I started - by far.

Today was day 3, my last day of week 4. Usually day three gives me the confidence to move on the the next week. This day 3 did not leave me very confident.

But my bull headedness won (shouldn't be a surprise to those that know me), and I completed day 3 without slowing down or stopping.  I covered 1.92 miles in 32 minutes.  I have cut my 1 mile time down about 2 minutes from when I started.

So...I'm moving on to week 5.  By day 3 of week 5, I'm supposed to be able to run for 20 minutes straight.  At this point, I'm kinda doubting that I will be able to do this.  If I really feel like I can't do it, I'm going to back up and week and do week 4 over again. 

Stay tuned to see how next week goes....it promises to be a challenging one!




No comments:

Post a Comment