Friday, January 14, 2011

Week 3!!

Week 3: Walk 5 mins (warm up) - Run 90 secs - Walk 90 secs - Run 3 mins - Walk mins - Repeat - Walk 5 mins (cool down)

Oh my lord...I actually did it.  I did day one of week three, without stopping...pretty much.  I did take a time out to re-tie my shoes because my shins and feet were burning, but other than that...I did it!  And really, the biggest issue was my legs and feet. I thought I might really struggle to make it through this one, but I was breathing ok when I was done with the second run.  I was sore the rest of the day on Monday, but I was not sore on Tuesday morning...or afternoon!

I was supposed to go to the gym yesterday, but I just wasn't feeling it.  I hadn't given myself a two day "weekend" between week 2 and 3, so I decided yesterday was it.  So with 2 days off, I was back at the gym for day 2 today.  I didn't have to stop at all today and my legs and feet felt much better. 

I'm a truly amazed at my progress over the last 2 1/2 weeks.  I never thought I would actually be able to run for 3 minutes straight...or if I did I thought I would be miserable and liable to barf at the end of it.  None of which has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment