Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week 4

Holy Shit!  Oh, I'm sorry, I meant, HOLY SHIT!!!  Sorry for the potty mouth, but I can't think of other words to explain the pain and suffering caused by day one of Week 4 of the Couch to 5K program.

This week's workout is: Walk 5 min - Jog 3 min - Walk 90 sec - Jog 5 min - Walk 2.5 min - Jog 3 min - Walk 90 sec - Jog 5 min - Walk 5 min

My legs actually felt pretty good during the workout, but about half way through I felt like I could barf at any minute.  The fact that I ate lunch about an hour and and half before I went to the gym probably didn't help.  I was temped a few times to slow down my speeds, but I didn't.  I kept them at my usual pace. I was not sore at all today either, which is pretty cool!

I'm a little bit scared, but curious to see what tomorrow will be like. The second day is often the hardest day of the week for me.  I will not be eating lunch first, that's for sure!

I'm pondering signing up for my first 5k on Memorial Day weekend.  I was told it is pretty easy and a good one to start with.  We'll see, I haven't looked into it yet.

Oh, and some other good news...the scale has finally moved down, by one whole pound.  Not a lot, but I'll take any downward movement I can get.  Hoping now that I finally got the darn thing to move in the right direction, it will continue that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment