Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Road block

So close, yet so far away.  With only 1.5 weeks to go, I had to put a stop to my running because of an injury.  I haven't gone to the doctor yet, but I know enough that I should be giving my leg a rest.  I don't know it is just the stress from running catching up to me, or if jumping a curb in my Trailblazer last week aggravated it, but my lower right leg/ankle/foot has been bothering me since late last week.  So, when it still hurt two days after my last run on Thursday, I decided it was time to give it a rest.  I don't want to stop because I'm afraid I'll lose all of my progress. But if I keep going, I know I will just make things worse.  I'm planning to go to the gym tomorrow and do some strength training as well as the elliptical machine to get some low impact cardio in.  Fingers crossed my leg gets better quickly and I can get back to running next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment