Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week 7 - Amazing!!

Last week I ended the week feeling disappointed in myself.  In 6 weeks, I had only lost 3 pounds, and for the first time ever, I wasn't able to finish a day in the Couch to 5K program.  So this week my goal was to do week 6 over again and complete it.  I also decided to add strength training to my agenda on my off running days...need to re-think this one a little bit. 

I found a workout routine in my Women's Health magazine that I thought I could do, so Monday I started off with that.  Um...yeah...I could finally walk normal on Thursday from that workout.  Might be cutting out the extra exercises for my legs since they get a workout from running.  I'm going to keep looking for other strength training routines for the rest of my body.

Tuesday, with my legs killing me, I hopped on the treadmill for day 1 of week 6 - take 2.  Started the treadmill, pushed play on my iPod and got silence.  My iPod died.  I was pretty irritated, because I couldn't remember what day 1 entailed, but I decided to just wing it.  I did my 5 minute warm-up walk and then started on my first run, which I thought was supposed to be 5 minutes.  After that run, I slowed down to a walk.  But as I was walking, I kept thinking was that really 5 minutes? It was too easy, I wasn't even breathing heavy....so after walking for a minute, I decided to go back to running and just see how long I could run.  I ended up running for 25 MINUTES STRAIGHT!!!!  For my slow run, that worked out to be about 1.7 miles, but oh my God I was thrilled.  The longest I had ran before that was 13 minutes.  And I actually felt like I could have gone longer, but I had to stop and get back to work.

Wednesday was a well needed break.  I actually had an appointment during lunch so I had to skip working out, but my legs thanked me.

Thursday I decided to just run for as long as I could again, which ended up being 20 minutes.  Finally I went online to see what week 7 was supposed to be and it was 3 days of running for 25 minutes.  So I decided that I was close enough and I'm officially on week 7.  Only 2 more weeks to go.

Today was day 3 and again I was able to run for 25 minutes and felt like I could keep going.  Good thing because I have to run for 28 minutes next week.  But I'm positive I can do it!!  I have slowed my speed down now that I'm doing the longer runs, but at least I'm completing them :)

To add to my great week, I have lost another pound, and I found a pair of jeans I forgot I had, that I could actually fit into.  They are a size smaller than my current size, so I'm stoked!!!  I needed a good week this week to boast my confidence.  I can do this.  Only two more weeks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment