Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week 2 - Round 2

Take 2
I've completed two days of week 2 in the Couch to 5K training.  I should have ran yesterday and didn't, so I should really run today, but I just ate supper and a hot fudge sunday (yeah, yeah, not the best eating this weekend).  We'll see if I run or not. 

I've been doing pretty well though.  Week 1 at a higher speed was pretty easy (I've gone up to 5.0 MPH).  Week 2 has been a little more difficult. And day 2 I hit the roads for the first time -- with the dog.  Between pulling my dog away from other dogs and the kids walking home from school, and dragging him with me when he wanted to stop and pee or smell something (he is a beagle, ya know) it was interesting.  I was defiantly more sore after that run, which is no surprise.  Wish I lived in a less hilly neighborhood! 

In other news, I signed up for my first 5K this week, it is on April 16th.  It sounds like it is a pretty easy track and it starts and ends at the local park.  I'm hoping daddy and children can hang out there and cheer me on :)

In anticipation of my first 5K, I decided I better make a Dr. appointment to check out my feet/ankles/calves to make sure I'm not doing more harm than good.  My theory is that I have flat feet and that is what is causing all of my pain.  I just hope they don't tell me I have to stop running, because as much as I hate it, I have stuck to this program longer than any exercise routine I have tried.  Don't believe me? Just go back to the beginning of this blog!

I have saved the best news for last...I have now lost 10 POUNDS!!!  Woo hoo!!!  To celebrate, I bought myself two new purses :)


No comments:

Post a Comment