Sunday, April 17, 2011

My First 5k!!

 
Before the Race
I completed my first 5k of the year yesterday. It was to benefit a group for crime victims.  Since I had to take 3 weeks off, I wasn't going to press myself too much.  This race was a starting point and setting a time to beat.  As long as I beat my walking time for the 5k I've walked the past 2 years, I was going to be happy.  I woke up to freezing temperatures, noisy wind and SNOW!! Yep, you read right, snow in the middle of April. My friend Lisa who ran with me said Mother Nature needs to get back on her happy drugs, and I must agree.

I picked a yucky course to do my first race...there were 3 or 4 good size hills we had to go up.  We walked a good part of the course, but ran at least 5 times, for different distances, and usually down hill ;-)  We survived and we made it! And we beat our time by almost 30 minutes! We finished in 47 minutes, which probably seems slow to most people, but I'll take it!

After the Race, We made it!!
My next race is called the Tutu trot and is scheduled for May 15th to raise money for 4 year old girl fighting cancer.  I have about a month to up my speed to beat my 47 minutes!


No comments:

Post a Comment