Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 1

Is it bad that I am secretly amused when the person on the treadmill beside me is my age or younger, skinnier than me and walking while I am running? Not that I am some expert runner or anything, and right now I'm only running for 90 seconds at a time but still... Now the logical side of me figures that there is a perfectly good reason for this; injury, health issue, no need to exert oneself to keep in shape... But I entertain myself and try to find any enjoyment out of running on the treadmill as I possibly can. So I internally gloat when I am running and the person next to me isn't. Childish I know, but whateva'!

Today I went to the gym to start week two of the couch to 5k program. I may be a little sore tomorrow, but it shouldn't be too bad. I also signed up for a ten week weight loss challenge at work that starts next week. Me and my two teammates will weigh in weekly and try to win some cash prizes while losing some weight.

My diet was pretty good units I headed to class. Dinner was not my best today.

All in all, a pretty good first day to a new me.
No matter how slow you are, you are still lapping everybody on the couch! (Quote found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment