Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Me

I know this is the thought of millions of people around the world right now, as it has been mine many, many times at the new year.  I made some serious progress last year, but then stopped.  Stopped trying, stopped caring...just completely stopped.  Luckily, I have not lost the progress I have made.  But I could be so much further in my progress if I would have stuck with it. 

So, this year:
  • I will run an entire 5k...no walking
  • I may reach my weight loss goal
  • I will be more healthy
  • I won't be perfect
I say I may reach my goal, because according to the weight loss calculators, I could have it done by August or September.  But we all know I'm not going to lose weight every week.  Some weeks I might even gain weight.  I'm not going to kill myself trying to reach a specific number on the scale.  I will however enjoy every minute of moving down pant sizes, getting rid of the old ones, and working towards a new me :)

Tomorrow I head to the gym with a co-worker, and I'm starting the Couch to 5k over again, at a faster speed.  I'm starting with week 2 because week 1 is actually too simple for me =) Love being able to say that!

Happy New Year everyone!
No matter how slow you are, you are still lapping everybody on the couch! (Quote found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment