Sunday, January 8, 2012

Off day turned into off weekend

Considering this my "last hurrah" before the big weight loss venture begins I guess.  I didn't do horrible at eating, but I could have done much better this weekend.  And I didn't do my final day of running either, but I'm still moving on to week 3 of the Couch to 5k program tomorrow, I've repeated week 2 long enough that it should count as being complete.

Last night I spent some time going over a Quick and Healthy cookbook to figure out the menu for the week.  I printed out two months worth of these neat little weekly planning pages from Artsy-Fartsy Mama and wrote my menu out.  Usually we just decide on the main dishes for the week and figure out the rest later.  But this time I assigned a meal to each day, and also include the side dishes to try to get a more balanced meal.  Instead of using the grocery list section as a grocery list (because my list was way too big for that little space) I used it to write out what I could prepare ahead of time and when to thaw certain things to save on time come the dinner rush.

Went grocery shopping today to get everything I need, plus healthy snacks, etc. 

Still not feeling 100% healthy, our family just can't shake this stupid cold.  It seems like it has been around for a month or more.

Tomorrow is a gym day...week 3, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment