Sunday, January 29, 2012

This week has been a blur!

I can't believe I haven't posted since Monday!  Nothing earth shattering happened this week, that I can remember at least.  I'm still struggling to get my eating habits straightened out, but this week's challenge at work has been very helpful.  On more than one occasion, I found myself grabbing some baby carrots or other veggie instead of another, more unhealthy snack to make sure I got my 3 veggies in this week.

I did complete day 2 and 3 of Week 5 of the Couch to 5k program.  They were both much more of a struggle than day 1 was that's for sure!  I slowed my speed down to 4.5 mph for both of these runs, and that was enough for me to be able to complete it.  Day 2 was an 8 minute run, 5 minute walk, 8 minute run; Day 3 was a 20 minute run.  I don't think I had to stop during day 2, although I don't even remember doing it, honestly.  Day 3, I stopped for about 45 seconds to a minute total, for small water breaks throughout the run.  Not too bad...moving on to Week 6 tomorrow.

Also starting another week of my challenge at work.  I think this week is work out for 20 mins...4 days (I think) eat 3 veggies a day and add in two fruits.  This is all by memory since Friday, so I'm not 100% sure what it is.  I'm going to try a banana strawberry smoothie with spinach tomorrow morning for breakfast.  We'll see how that goes.

The health person behind the challenge at work sent us a really handy menu planner last week.  It helps you plan out each meal to ensure your meal is balanced.  I thought I would share it will all of you.  You can find it here, I hope you find it as useful as I did!

I'm a little bit frustrated with the lack of weight loss as of late, but I know it is because of my eating habits.  Tuesday is my last day of class until March.  I think I really need to amp up my workouts on my non-running days once class is over.

Monday brings a new day, and a new week. 

Happy running everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment