Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Willpower? Its a work in progress

Today was a day off from the gym, so no exercise for me today.  My challenge for today was to eat healthy when going down to the cafeteria.  I didn't have the time or energy to make my breakfast or lunch this morning.  I had a very frustrating morning and by the time my lunch break came along, I was fuming.  One of the options in the cafeteria was something called a Cheddar Ranch Chicken sandwich.  Of course, it is fried chicken and smothered in cheese and ranch...served with a side of french fries...I'm drooling just thinking about it!  And I really, really wanted it for lunch after the morning I had.  But...what was food going to do to make it better?  In the end, nothing.  But I'm not perfect, so I compromised.  I got the turkey burger on a wheat bun with tomato and lettuce.  Instead of french fries, I got baked Cheetos and I got a small fountain pop.  I was proud of myself for making the mostly right decision.

Chicken stir fry for supper, served on brown rice.  Enough left over for lunch tomorrow. 

I've always said I don't have any willpower, but apparently it is in my head somewhere.  Today is peaked out a little!

Day 2 of the gym tomorrow.

No matter how slow you are, you are still lapping everybody on the couch! (Quote found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment