Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Doing much better!

Well, PMS is over and I have a new resolve!  Last week was an improvement and this week has been great!  I finished week 7 of Couch to 5k, with 3 25 minute runs.  I still find myself taking small breaks to get sips of water, but I think some of it is out of boredom of being on the treadmill.  I can't wait to get outside to start running again!  I bought myself some warm outside running clothes, so hoping to hit the streets soon!  I started week 8 of Couch to 5k last night, and I almost didn't finish.  I was close to convincing myself to repeat week 7 and do 25 minute runs instead of 28.  But by the time I got to 25 I decided I could complete 3 more minutes.

I know in order to really see the pounds drop, I have to keep up my cardio, be better about what I eat and also add some strength training.  I really need to exercise 5 days a week, at least.  So today I met with a wellness coach at work for a personal training session.  I wanted to do something that I can do at work or at home so I have flexibility on when I can get these workouts in, so she decided circuit training was a good fit for me.  It was hard work, and I'm not sure I'll be able to get out of bed tomorrow, but I think it is a great full body workout.

As far as eating goes, I'm trying to watch my portions, make sure I have some protein at each meal to keep me full and eat lots of fruits and veggies.  Being Valentine's Day on Wednesday, it has been a challenge to stay away from the sweets, and I haven't been perfect, but I have done pretty good.  There is still some temptation at work, but I only have 2 days left this week!

I'm starting to think I'm addicted to food.  Seriously. I'm gonna look into it a little more, but this could be part of my problem...or just another excuse.  Who knows, but whatever it is...I can get past it.

And, I've saved the best news for last.  After mid-challenge weight in week at my Team Up to Trim Down challenge week, I was a little disappointed to only lose 2 pounds in 5 weeks.  I wasn't surprised, because my heart wasn't always in it, but still disappointed.  Anyway, I wish weigh-ins would have been this week, because I'm already 2 more pounds down.  This puts me within 1 pound of being half done with my weight loss journey.  HALF WAY TO MY GOAL!!  This has been very inspiring to see the scale move down again, and being so close to a milestone. YAY ME!!

Tomorrow is another running day, but not sure how I will get it in since I have a meeting tomorrow night that will last until 9 or 10 at night.  Might have to be one of my two days off of exercise for the week.

Until next time...happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment