Thursday, July 26, 2012

Addicted to food?

Is there an AA meeting for food addicts? If there is, I think I need to find a local meeting.  I'm addicted to food, I can't think of any other reason for the way I eat some days.  I really want to lose weight, I know I need to eat better and exercise to do this.  Exercise isn't a problem.  Eating...well that depends on the day and what type of temptations are put in front of me.  Yesterday I ate two pieces of cake from Caiden's birthday cake from Olive Garden and a piece of Ice Cream cake, and I ended the day with a few graham crackers.  Oh, and I went to the cafeteria for lunch instead of eating my healthy lunch from home.

Today I did pretty well, stayed busy while at home. But then I went to class and got a muffin (instead of a giant cookie...) and a yogurt smoothie, which sounds healthy, but I'm not sure it is.  Other than those to things I did pretty good, but I didn't actually track what I ate.  Sometimes it is just too much work if you eat complicated things.

I need more self control. If I want to lose the weight, I need to quit eating so much crap. Period. This is not a difficult thing to understand - why is it so hard to do?

I have been doing pretty well with exercise. I got to go outside and run tonight, completed 3 miles, running 2 of them, which is part of the Shape.com 5k in 5 weeks running program.

Status of Goals:
1. No pop/drink water. Day 1, 2, 3, 4 complete
2.  Exercise 5 days this week.  Day 1, 2, 3 complete
3.  Track my food. Day 1,2 complete

No comments:

Post a Comment