Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New 5k Training Program

I received an email yesterday that one of the 5ks I ran is last year is coming up at the end of August.  My goal this year has been to actually run an entire 5k by the October breast cancer run I do every year.  But after I got this email I thought, why not shoot for August?  I've been running off and on now for quite a while, it really should be too difficult.  So I googled 5k in 5 weeks and came up with this awesome plan from Shape.com.  The end of this program hits smack dab in the middle of my vacation plans, so I'm not sure I'll actually be able to do it all, but it is worth a try.  Hopefully I'll at least be able to run more than I have been able to in the past and maybe get another personal best.  Because of the heat, I'm doing this on the treadmill for now...boo.  But I'm excited to have a game plan again, a schedule to follow to help me make progress.

Eating today, I did pretty well.  By chance, I ended up eating small meals about every 2-3 hours.  It felt like I was eating all of the time, but I actually liked it.  And by the time I got home, I still had enough calories to enjoy a pretty hearty brinner (breakfast for dinner!), complete with eggs and bacon!  And I had a small wedge of a cinnamon roll for dessert.  With my exercise, I only went over my calories by 17...not too bad, I'll take it.

All in all, great day today!  Here's to many more like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment