Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Longest Plateau Ever!

I've got to be going on about 6 months of no weight loss.  If I would have stuck to my exercise and calorie goals perfectly I would be at my goal weight by now.  Did I really expect to be perfect? No.  But I would have thought I could have been close by now, not stuck at the half way mark.  I really want to lose this weight, but apparently I like food more.  I have no will power when it comes to food.  I can do really good for a few days - a week tops - and then it all comes crashing down.  

Luckily I have been much more consistent with exercising.  Far from perfect, but so much better than eating right.  The exercise is the only thing that has helped me to maintain the weight loss that I have accomplished.

So what now? Where do I go from here? I don't know what the answer is. I can try to eat better. I can try to be more aware of what I'm eating.  Do I really need it? Am I really hungry? Is this good for me? Is it worth ruining the calories burned while running today?

I'm at a point where I'm considering some of the weight loss supplements, but I know that is only temporary.  What happens when I quit taking them? I really want to be able to do this the natural way, so I can lose it and keep it off.  I have about 35 more pounds to go, but right now, I'd be ecstatic with 10.

My plan?  I ordered the Power90 exercise DVDs.  I can't wait to get them.  I'm hoping that program is the kick-start I need.  It comes with an eating plan and all of that, but I'm sure I won't follow the eating plan to the T, although I haven't seen it yet.  But it has some butt-kicking strength training DVDs to tone up and burn the fat.  I'm hoping to get some running in too, but I'll have to wait and see because I'm not sure what the workout schedule is for the DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment