Saturday, January 26, 2013

Frustrated

I will complete 3 weeks of Power 90 today and the scale has not budged. Sigh....  I know I shouldn't focus on the scale and it is about how I feel, but I can't help but be frustrated.  It makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong.  I'm not eating perfectly, but I am making a pretty good effort. I feel like my clothes are fitting better, but then when I don't see the scale going down I wonder if it is all in my head.

I make it a little more difficult for myself each time.  I'm up to 8 and 10 pound weights during the strength exercises and a few push ups on my toes instead of my knees.  I've added more of the arm movements and jumping to the cardio exercises. 

I've cut my calories for the day back to 1500, instead of 1800...maybe that will help. I have been planning my menus every week and have done pretty good with eating the lunch I brought instead of going to the cafeteria.  I've also cut out a lot (not all) of my bad snacking when I am at home.  

Maybe I need to add running into the program too.  Not sure where the heck I would find the time to do that though.  I do want to start running again though. My first 5k of the year is coming up in April and I haven't been running for a long time.  I would really like to actually run an entire 5k this year.


1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you! It is nice having the scale out of the picture right now...since it's not an option I can't obsess over it.

    But...at the 3 week point I thought I'd be seeing more results! I know it's supposed to be about how you feel...but I want to see it too :)
    Trying to be patient and persistent! Keep up the great work lady!

    ReplyDelete