Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year, New Me

I wonder how many people have a similar title or theme to their blogs this time of year.  This is not a New Years Resolution to me though.  This is a start to a new me.  I did not get back into a workout routine after my last post. In fact I basically quit all workouts and healthy eating.  So in addition to some wonderful Christmas gifts given to me by other, I also gave myself 10 pounds back :\

But I'm back...again.  Last week I started Power 90 over again.  And this time I made sure I had time for it everyday by getting up at 5:30 AM to get my workout in before the rest of life happens for the day.  I even got up at 6:30 on Saturday and got my exercise in before  my last Christmas celebration with my dad, brother and our families.  5:30 is hard, I'm not going to lie.  I usually have issues getting out of bed just to make it to work in time.  BUT, knowing the rest of the day that I am done with my workout and I can go to bed as soon as my kids do has been enough to keep getting my butt out of bed everyday.

After a week of Power90, I'm already feeling stronger during my workouts.  Especially the strength videos.  I'm improving so much on my push ups and my chair dips.

This week I want to focus more on my diet.  I am recording everything I put into my mouth on MyFitnessPal. This in turn makes me think a little more before I put things into my mouth.  I even passed up one of my fav dinners tonight - Kraft Mac & Cheese - for a healthy potato soup.

My first reward to myself will be a new haircut.  I have been growing my hair out for a while, but I'm ready to go back to short hair.  But no haircut until I've lost 10 pounds...or at least 5...not sure I can hold out for 10....

No comments:

Post a Comment