Sunday, January 5, 2014

One week down

My first week is in the books - and I did as little as possible while still meeting my goals.  I completed the first week of the Couch to 10k program, running about 5 miles on the treadmill. Only 12 more weeks to go!  If I stay on schedule and don't have to repeat any weeks, I will be done in plenty of time for my first 5k of the year, which is April 13th.  There is also a marathon relay that weekend if I wanted to really push my limits, but I'm not so sure about that - plus there is the task of finding a team.  This 5k is kind of a sentimental race for me because it was the first one I ever attempted to run how many years ago.  Not sure I want to stop that tradition.  It got flooded out last year, so I really want to run it this year.  Plus, I should be able to kill my best time, right?

My diet has been awful this week - I know that wasn't a focus and I have completely taken advantage of it.  This week, I'm going to make it more of a focus, but I don't want to overdue it.  Little steps or I will abandon it all.

Goals for this week:

Run 3x - complete Week 2 of Couch to 10k
Drink Shakeology every day this week.
Bring my lunch to work, and eat it, at least 3 days this week

No changes in my weight, which I didn't expect - just glad it didn't go up!






No comments:

Post a Comment