Thursday, January 9, 2014

People of the Gym....

Have you heard of the people of Wal-Mart website?  If not, and you are up for a good chuckle, you should check it out.  I think there needs to be a similar site called People of the Gym.  I've seen stories on twitter and online.  I go to our small work gym so I don't see all the crazies that others do, but I noticed a few things today and I was running on the treadmill.

First of all, the clothes people wear to the gym sometimes.  One lady was wearing sweat pants and a shirt I would wear to work (business casual dress).  Another lady didn't even change her clothes and was working out on the elliptical.  I would hate to be her poor co-workers when she goes back to work.  Speaking of that...what is up with the people that go to the gym in the middle of the day and don't shower?  Seriously - gross!  The people around you don't want to smell you, and how can you be comfortable in your own stank the rest of the day?


Holy Crap, it exists!
Every time I go to the gym and all of us are running/jogging along on the treadmills, I feel like I am a part of the Wall E movie.  You know, where all the people go through life on chairs? Or I feel like we are just a bunch of hamsters in our wheels for some larger power in space - kind of like Horton Hears a Who..

Yes, these are the kinds of things that start to run through my mind about halfway through my treadmill working.  I get so bored and my mind starts to wander.  Or I try to sneak a peak at the people beside me to see how fast they are going - usually faster than me.  I have music and bring my kindle but that only keeps me entertained for a little while.

Can't wait until the weather gets a little better and I can head back outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment