Monday, January 6, 2014

You can do anything you set your mind to

I have always known that when I set my mind to something, I can do it.  This applies to healthy eating and exercise too...the problem is, I don't set my mind to it for very long- usually.  So I need to make the most of it while I am determined to follow through.

This is the mind set I am in right now.  Last week I met my goal of exercising 3 days and completing the first week of the Couch to 10k program.  CHECK!

This week, I have decided to start watching what I eat more.  I'm not striving to be perfect at this point, but I want to do better.  To help with this, I have started tracking what I eat - again.  And I did pretty darn well today!


Now to just make sure I don't eat anything else tonight.  Eating after I put my boys to bed has been a issue for me for a long time.  To avoid this tonight, I am writing this post and then heading to bed.

I have my gym bag packed to start week 2 of Couch to 10k tomorrow.  With the absolutely ridiculous temps right now, warming up with a nice run on the treadmill sounds like a wonderful lunch break.  I also already have my lunch and snacks packed for tomorrow.  And dinner will go in the slow cooker in the morning.

I'm also starting a 30 day push up challenge.  One thing I miss from the Power 90 program was the definition I was just starting to see in my arms.  Maybe this will help.  Maybe I'll do this month on my knees and next month I'll be able to do it on my toes...hmmmm....

Here is the challenge, which I found on Pinterest.


Post written - off to do my 5 push ups and head to bed watching Blue Collar until I fall asleep.

Until next time, happy running peeps!



No comments:

Post a Comment